Thursday, July 11, 2013

First Post - My Story (Dramatic Music in the Background...)

One of my online Weight Watchers buddies asked me what my story is. Boy, I hope it can fit in one blog post! 

My name is Megan and I'll be 26 soon. I married the sweetest, cutest man almost 9 months ago and I can't get enough of him. This is my upteenth time on the WeightWatchers program and THIS TIME will be the last, by golly!

I first joined WW after coming home from a vacation in Hawaii with two of my best friends in 2009. The pictures of myself made me gag. So, my mom suggested WW and off I went. This was back in the olden days before PointsPlus. I still remember how much I lost my first week: 5.2 pounds! I was ecstatic and I lost almost 20 pounds in about two months. Then I went back to college and bleh.

Fastforward to 2011. I'm fat again (not that I ever wasn't!) and so I went back to WW because I knew it worked. PointsPlus has emerged and I was disappointed because I wasn't loosing weight nearly as fast, but I still lost and I felt good. I continued WW when I went back to college for my final semester and got as far as earning my 10% loss.

And then bleh. Bleh means that I stopped going to WW and gained weight. FYI :) So, I started...again and didn't go for long before I moved to another city to attend graduate school and had no way of attending meetings. I'm a meetings girl - I have to be accountable to the group, so online doesn't work for me. Also, I don't trust my own scale. Then I met my husband and eloped. :) That's a whole other blog post for those of you who want to hear it!

So, marriage can make you fat. I have learned this the hard way. I am now heavier than I've ever been and I hate it. I'm struggling to fit into my fat clothes here!! So, for this round of WW, I've been a member since early April. I lost a total of 4.6 pounds in about two months (argh!) and slowly crept back up to my STARTING WEIGHT!!!! I was SO upset. I sat on the back row of the WW meeting and cried. I cried all the way home. I cried all night at home. It was terrible. 

But, I emerged from that experience a new and committed person. I realized that I wasn't trying to lose weight for myself, but for other people. I was concerned about what other people would think of the plump little brunette roly-poly with the long, tall redheaded hunk. No, not anymore. After that harrowing experience, I am doing this for me. Because I want to be thin and healthy.

So, that's my story, y'all! Everyday, I write another page. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment