Friday, July 12, 2013

Exercise and the Rewards System

All day long, my poor leggies have been complaining about the torture that I put them through everyday via Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.  Meh.  They can just get over it!  This exercise thing is good and I'm going to keep it up!

One of the things that is helping me to get fit is my dear husband.  He is my Weight Loss Nazi Extraordinaire.  He and I devised a rewards system to help me along my journey, and the important part is - the reward is not food!  For every pound that I lose, I earn $1 toward a manicure (a luxury that we cannot afford right now).  For every week that I go without eating fast food, I earn another $1 toward that elusive manicure. 

Fast food is/was a weakness of mine.  It was something that my family relied on a lot when I was growing up.  Therefore, I relied on it when I began to make my own decisions about what to eat.  And I became addicted.  Sometimes I would even eat it when I wasn't really hungry!  How bad is that!? 

I would eat fast food almost everyday, multiple times a day.  I would also try to hide it from my husband.  NOT A GOOD IDEA!!  Never keep anything from your spouse!  We had a little intervention and he said, "Call me whenever you're tempted to get fast food."  Great idea!  And it worked!  For one week I have been fast food free!  But here's the best part...

A few days ago, I was on my way home and I was STARVING.  So, I stopped off at McDonald's and ordered a McDouble (10 PP), a Small Fry (6 PP) and a small Diet Coke (0 PP).  This is stuff that was well within my daily Points Plus allowance. I ate it, and I was satisfied - a shocking discovery by itself.  As the evening went on, however, I just felt gross and sick.  See!  I went without it for a while, tried it and didn't like the way it made me feel!  Yay for my body giving fast food the stink eye.




No comments:

Post a Comment