Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Preacher's Wife Don't Lie

I forget how much I love eating vegetables until I start actually eating them again.  Bell peppers are really good friends of mine right now!  They're so nice and crunchy.

You must be wondering about the title of this blog post.  :)  Well, here's the scoop.  Last week, as you know, I was religious about exercising with Jillian Michaels, eating my vegetables, and tracking 98% of what went into my mouth.  This is known as "being on plan."  This past week was the most on plan week I've ever had!  I was PUMPED about weighing in yesterday.  I thought that I would lose at least 2 lbs for all that hard work.  So, naturally I was veeeeerrry shocked when my meeting leader said, "Yes!  You did go down!  By .2 pounds!" 

I couldn't believe it!  All that work and not even half a pound to show for it!!!  During the meeting, I griped a little bit about it and my leader (a preacher's wife) assured me that if I give it one more week, I should see results.  She says my muscles are most likely holding onto water, so I just need to keep going.  Someone piped and said, "She's a preacher's wife!  She don't lie!"

So, there you have it.  Keep a goin'.  This girl don't give up. 

2 comments:

  1. I swear (not really b/c I'm miss goody 2 shoes)by WW.I lost 18lbs.and achieved my goal weight.It's been so long ago,I don't remember how long it took.WW really does work.I was walking 3mi.about 4 times a wk.and the weight just fell off.I started at 137 (too much for 5ft.tall)and felt wonderful at 119.====BUT that was about 20yrs.ago and little by little it all came back(my own doing) or not doing.I'm approaching 80 and I haven't cooked and eaten every thing I want to taste before I die,so I'm cooking and eating as fast as I can.btw--you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo! You're so sweet and encouraging. Thanks for your faith in me!!!

      Delete