Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Like A Boss

Good Gravycakes!  It's been too long since I posted...sorry!  LTRH and I have been sanding and staining floors like it's going out of style and I have neglected my blog.  :(  On the plus side, my feet now look like the victims of a terrible spray tan.

I have seen the Promised Land!  My wonderful mother introduced me to Blissful and Domestic  and I am looking at life in a totally different way.  This amazing woman feeds her family of four on $14,000 per year. $14,000 PER YEAR!!!!!!  Can you even fathom that???  I know what you're thinking - these people have got to be in debt up to their eyeballs.  They're not.  They're so not.  They paid CASH for their house.  Blows my mind.

After doing a bit of blogstalking, I learned that Miss $14,000 was not always Thrifty Lady Extraordinaire.  Her husband was stationed in Iraq in the military and she would cope with his absence by shopping.  Her transformation started with a book.  It always starts with a book!  Her husband recommended that she read America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right On the Money.  She read it and it revolutionized the way she ran her house. 

So, of course I bought it and am in the process of reading it.  Oh my cookies!!!!  I have seen the light now!

LTRH and I are so excited to start weekly (eventually monthly) meal plans so that we utilize everything in our pantry and refrigerator.  No more wasting food!  Also, budgeting is not scary anymore - it's doable!  I am so excited about all the money that we have the potential to save and I can't wait to update you on our progress. 

In other news, I am not losing weight yet.  I like ice cream too much for that to happen.  But I have gotten over fast food!  Fast food used to be the seductive temptress that would crook her little finger and I would hopelessly run after her.  Not so anymore.  It's just not satisfying. 

So, what am I doing?  I'm eating regularly.  I guess that's what you call it.  Eating balanced meals (I had 3 bowls of salad last night!) and not depriving myself.  I might be going a little too far out of my way to make sure that I'm not deprived, but I'll work on that.

Back in the day when I was in shape (other than round), I ran.  A lot.  I loved it so much!  It kept me feeling good and powerful.  Why did I stop?  Love makes you do crazy things, people.

Anyway, I've decided to get gently back into running by using the Couch to 5K program.  I've heard great things about it.  The Color Run is coming to Augusta this fall and I want to join in!

Have any of you used Couch to 5K or any other exercise programs?  What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I've done Couch to 5K. It's great if you're just starting back in running. And to have a run you're training for is really helpful! Go you!

    ReplyDelete