Monday, August 5, 2013

The Great Divorce

Hi People!  Life is good on this side of the Mississippi - how is it where you're sittin'?  I hope it's just...peachy!

Good friends are invaluable!  One of my dearest friends is the illustrious Stacy Emmet.  She is like unto a brassiere - very supportive!  :) Special friends are capable of reading minds, I think.  She wrote this blog post and I swear, she took it right out of my brain.

Like Stacy, I too have gained and lost the same weight...and gained more to boot.  It's frustrating as can be, and I didn't feel the support at Weight Watchers that I expected and needed.  It felt more like a competition and I hated showing my face when I gained weight.  The pressure was intense - more than it should have been.  So I got out.  Now I'm saving money and one hour per week that I would have spent on something that I wasn't really invested in.

I'm doing my own thing now, and I feel so much better!  I'm forcing myself to make recipes (healthy ones!) out of whatever I've got in my cupboards.  The other day I made what I call The Fast Food Antidote.  I would post pictures, but the meal was inhaled just as fast as it was created.

Here's the breakdown:

Pasta of your choice (I used rigatoni)
3 ounces of cream cheese
Frozen or fresh vegetables of your choice
4 ounces grilled chicken
2 ounces shredded cheddar

Cook everything and throw it in a bowl.  Stir, add salt and pepper and there you go!  You've got protein, dairy, carbohydrates and vegetables all in one dish!  And, it didn't taste too bad either, according to LTRH.

Since moving into the apartment and fixing up the old house, I have had not a single opportunity for exercise, which has been hard for me.  I miss exercising - not so much because of how I expect to look as a result, but because I feel so productive. 

So maybe Weight Watchers didn't work for me because I didn't follow the program perfectly.  That's probably true, actually.  But what's important is this:  now I have a plan that I feel good about.  A plan that I am more likely to follow through with.  Success (like perfection) is a journey, not a destination. 

LTRH wants me to be sure and tell you that his Weight Loss Nazi duties did not end simply because Weight Watchers is no longer in the picture.  He is still very much involved in being my adorable slave driver.  :)

And I'll continue to chronicle my weight loss journey - don't you worry about that!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I have you bookmarked. I'll be rooting you on from a distance. :-)

    ReplyDelete